News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reading CVs on Dynamis

Started by richd286, February 10, 2012, 02:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richd286

When I attempt to read a CV (using my service track) I always get the same response "255" which is the max entry. I know I have programmed in another value and that it has taken the desired effect on the engines performance.  So... I expect to be able to read back the value I entered but I still get "255".  Any thoughts?

Rangerover1944

I don't own the Dynamis, "one" of the reasons I didn't upgrade to Dynamis is "it doesn't read back cv's" the way I understood it from other user's. You are supposed to be able to change the cv's, but you have to keep a spread sheet of sorts, or remember what you did. If I'm wrong somebody will call me on it. If I remember correctly, it didn't say anything I've read either in the online manual or literature that it does in fact read back cv's. If you add on the Bachmann Dyamis Probox, then I understand you can read, write, omit, delete or anything else that can be done to cv's, and that to me is a costly upgrade. Jim

So glad I use the Digitrax PR3/JMRI.

richd286

I picked up the pro-box at a excellent internet price so was not my concern.

Interested if others have this issue reading CVs.  It seems simple enough.

ftherrmann

Yes your right.  You need the probox in order to read the CV's.

captain1313

Sometimes you need to program the CV several times before it takes.  Doesn't happen very often, but I have had to redo several times before the CV changed.  I am using Dynamis with Pro Box.

Kevin