News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DM&IR Tender

Started by ryeguyisme, February 10, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

Any chance this would be available for seperate sale? I really don't want to buy 4 2-10-2's just for the tenders

GN.2-6-8-0

Your looking at what looks like a Standard long USRA tender with a doghouse...right!
Bachman is not making the seperate tenders anymore so inless you get really lucky your going to have to build your own....shouldn't be hard either do some searching for a doghouse or scratch build one then find yourself some USRA long tenders.there should be plenty of those arould if you look hard enough. 
Rocky Lives

Limey

Trainworld had a bunch of Bachmann tenders on sale a couple of weeks ago, try them.

Regards, Limey

richg

Look through the below link. You might find one.

http://tinyurl.com/6ptzaso

Rich

ryeguyisme

the DM&IR tender is not a USRA tender!!!!! it's a clear vision tender

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Order the parts from the bachmann service department. In the description area for everything put DM&IR and they should be able to make the parts for the DMIR tender for you and all you have to do is put them together and add a decoder.

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: ryeguyisme on February 10, 2012, 09:27:58 PM
the DM&IR tender is not a USRA tender!!!!! it's a clear vision tender

Correct you are , it is a clear vision tender...no need to get huffy ;D
Maybe one or more will turn up on Ebay,I don't recall Bachmann selling the c/v tenders seperatly they did the
Hickans the vanderbilts and usra tenders  but don't remember ever seeing the C/Vs for sale. then again i could be wrong,lets hope so.
Rocky Lives

ryeguyisme

Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on February 10, 2012, 09:54:10 PM

Correct you are , it is a clear vision tender...no need to get huffy ;D
Maybe one or more will turn up on Ebay,I don't recall Bachmann selling the c/v tenders seperatly they did the
Hickans the vanderbilts and usra tenders  but don't remember ever seeing the C/Vs for sale. then again i could be wrong,lets hope so.

I was hoping for in the future for them to do so, I mean it is a really good tender

bobwrgt

Call the Bachmann service dept. and speak to a tech. They often have things around they can sell that are not listed. They come from returns or factory overstock.
Might get the tender or the shell.

Bob

ryeguyisme

I've called parts and service and they said before they haven't had the DM&IR engine in production anymore, this confuses me as it's a very popular purchase among modelers

J3a-614

Rye, I know this may disappoint you, but something to consider is that the DM&IR models, as Bachmann has them, represent some of those engines late in their lives, and believe it or not, I think these models (and tenders) represent engines that were in switching service!  (A 2-10-2 switcher?  On a road like the DM&IR, with its heavy cuts of ore cars, why not?  No surprise or stretch when you look at huge 2-10-0s in hump service on the Pennsy, and 2-6-6-2s and even 2-8-8-2s working humps on the C&O and the N&W.)  For road service, I think those engines would have had more conventional tanks.  

Knowing this, I would consider such conventional tanks for your engines, and consider the clear-vision tanks as the special items they are.  Alternately, you could do what the prototype and Jonathan did (on one of his 0-6-0s), and cut down a conventional tender and built up a new bunker.  Rivets, if desired, could be those new decals that are out now, or you could even leave them off and say the new modifications were done by welding.

Anyway, I just brought these up as options to help get things going. . .hope they help out a little. . .