Assembly for Russian Decapod HO 2-10-0 Item #84301

Started by neall.z, February 14, 2012, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neall.z

I am new to model railroading and just purchased the engine above.  I am having problems with the assembly.  It came with two boiler caps, several headlights and two bells.  One boiler cap will accept a headlight but not a bell. The other boiler cap will accept a bell but it doesn't fit tight and this boiler cap has no hole in the center for headlight.  I don't know how to get both the bell and the headlight assembled. Also the coalcar has a light on top but I have to get inside to place a part for the light to fit  in.  How do I get the body apart from the frame?  Any help in getting this engine together would be great.  Thanks Larry

Doneldon

neall-

You have extra parts with your model to make it easier for you to build it with some of the features you prefer or to build a particular prototype. You won't be able to use everything on one loco but keep your unused details as they'll find a way of becoming needed sooner or later. As far as the assembly goes, click on "parts and service" above and then on the product reference picture. Click on the second listing for the 2-10-0 Russian Decapod and scroll down to the exploded diagram for your loco.

Welcome to model railroading and this board. I predict that you'll discover an interesting and varied hobby with many, many great people to meet.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       --D