News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tender for 2-6-0- Mogul

Started by Dave, February 14, 2012, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Does anyone know where I can get a new, or used, Tender for my Live Steam Mogul. I have a Big Hauler Tender but its way too long and the wheels are oversize for a 1/24th Loco. The Trucks and wheels need to be the smaller diameter size that Bachmann made.
  The Loco is an English " Pearce" model . Modelled in the "Baldwin Style.

Cheers

Dave
                        New Zealand

Kevin Strong

A few thoughts. I'm familiar with the size of the Pearse 2-6-0, and you're right; the Big Hauler tender is a bit disproportionate. There's the tender from a Bachmann 4-4-0/2-6-0 that would be closer, but its wheels are still fairly large compared to the Pearse's drivers. (24" in 1:20.3, or 30mm) Another choice may be the tender from their industrial 2-6-0. It's a bit smaller in stature, and I think it uses the smaller 24.5mm wheels from Bachmann (don't quote me.) But it's really darned narrow; you'd want to cut it down the middle and add probably a good 1/2" to 3/4" just to make it look good behind the cab.

Another option might be the tender from an Aristo-Craft (former Delton) C-16. It runs on smaller wheels (1" diameter or so), or perhaps a tender from Hartland Locomotive Works. I don't know what the dimension are for those, but their locos are on the smaller side of things, so I'd think it'd be well proportioned behind the Pearse.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Bachmann does make two sizes of metal wheels, The smaller size will help some. see the parts section above.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Dave

Thankyou for the replies Gentlemen. I'm working on a solution now and it sounds like it will be just the Bee's Knees.

Dave