News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

QUESTION ABOUT KOBO DECODER EQUIPPED E-8

Started by kewatin, March 02, 2012, 01:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

Would some one please clarify for me the following  KATO E-8 KOBO SHOP EXCLUSIVE INSTALLED KOD8-A DECODER INSTALLED. does this mean its a sound decoder or is it a dcc decoder to program &run the loco. also as i have &older KATO  E-8 DC that has a broken gear and in via rail colours with complete passenger car consist,it is my aim do replace the body shell &step this tain set up to join my other dcc equipment.
AM ion the right track? before odering said loco which is new&at a good price i would like to have clarifying evidence that its not sound only and is dcc decoder installed. as this is my first dcc layoutand foray into dcc i would appreciate a go ahead or not.
regards&later KEWATIN

skipgear

At the pricing, those are not sound equipped. Kato sells the Kobo stuff at full retail, plus the price of the decoder and labor. You can do better by buying the loco and decoder seprate and installing the decoder yourself. Kato has some of the easiest decoder installs of any manufactures.

You can order replacement parts from Kato and I think the E8 hasn't changed much since it's release.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

kewatin

TONY thank you for your reply.my old kato e-8 is dc and in via rail colours &hasn[t been made in yrs. i found on on-line price of $95 with decoder installed,saving me the repair&updating as i am an older modeller with 2 eye implants making decoder installs difficult for me personally. thank you again for clarifing the issue for me, i shall order it and change out body shells when it arrives.
regards&later  KEWATIN