News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

em1 sound

Started by litespan46, March 09, 2012, 04:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litespan46

just installed sound module in my em1, why do the speed curves used with cv25 run out of sync with the sound. also user defined speed curve does not work. i have 20 soundtraxx decoders and never had this problem. is there something i don't know about bachmann loco with tsunami decoders??

gene

Bucksco

The locomotive needs to be set to factory default settings before installing the sound module. Perhaps a reset is necessary ?

litespan46

did the reset no change

Bucksco

Before installing the sound module?

litespan46

yep did it again this morning, removed sound module, reset engine cv8=8 resets to 3 installed sound module. same thing happened cannot program cv94 . and when use speed tables associated with cv 25 per soundtraxx full manual, i can put in the speed curve but sound does not match speed. i tried another em1 same thing happened, so there is a problem using the programmed speed tables (cv25) and user defined speed tables . this will make it impossible to speed match 2 or more of these em1s. i have no trouble speed matching other tsuname decoders . so the problem has to be in the bachmann decoder.

litespan46

mystery solved , looking at the soundtraxx website, in a blog comment BTW the bachmann 2 part decoders for the after 12/2011 have the cv2,cv,5,cv6 speed table to allow the user to set up a quick speed table. in order to use these cv.s cv29 can be set to a value of 6 for a 2 digit address or 34 for a 4 digit address this disables speed tables cv64-94 and allows the simpler 3 step table. i put in the values of 2 for cv2 , 180 for cv5 and 90 for cv6. definitely slowed the beast down. i think the chuff rate needs to be tuned up a little, seems too fast for me. i think bachmann needs to put this in their manual. cv 5&6 are not normal cv's in a non bachmann decoder. the list for all the cv's for the em1 does not show cv5&6

gene

litespan46

another look at list of cv's . cv5&6 for em1 they are listed . sorry bout the error