Programming Digitrax SoundBug with Bacnmann Controller

Started by CraigTloco, March 05, 2012, 12:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigTloco

I purchased a Digitrax SFX004 Sound Bug for my Bachmann HO GP40 DCC loco and can not figure out how to program the "CV's" using the Bachmann DCC controller that I have. I understand how to program a loco for a different address 01-09, but I do not know how to use the Bachmann controller to change the sound on the SFX004 from the factory set Steam (CV60=0) or Diesel (CV60=1) ???.  Just like typical loco's, the factory address for the sound card is set to 03.

richg

Which Bachmann controller? Details?
There is the EZ Command and the Dynamis.

Rich

Jerrys HO

I take it you have the E Z Command asyou quoted I understand how to program a loco for a different address 01-09.
The E Z Command can not program anything except loco addresses.
The Dynamis will let you change CV's.

Jerry

Rangerover1944

I assume your talking EZ Command. You can't "program" anything with EZ. The only program that can be done with this basic system is assigning a #1-9 for your loco's, and consisiting. For the Soundbug you need a friend or maybe a local hobby shop that can change cv 60. I have EZ command now for 7 years and the way I do it is I purchased the Digitrax Decoder Pro3 and downloaded the JMRI program. The PR3 cost about $75.00. JMRI is a free software download.  The PR3 also contains the Soundloader which you can use to erase the default program and download a few choices on the Soundloader web page. Not many at this time to choose from. The PR3 is an interface connected to a program track 2' long and your computer. You will also need to purchase a 14 volt power pack for about $15.00 that plugs into the PR3.

You can however upgrade your Bachmann system to Bachmann Dyanamis along with the Bachmann Pro Box and then yolu can program cv's. Or upgrade to a complete other DCC system to program cv's.

Note about programming with Bachmann Dynamis
Programming some of the more common cv's is difficult, since you need to know the actual cv numbers. the Dynamis requires that you know the numbers for them. While not a huge issue, the basic Dynamis system cannot read cv's from decoders. To do that, you need to get the Pro Box
Jim