News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N&W auxilary tender

Started by wildpaws, March 16, 2012, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildpaws

I recently purchased a Spectrum N&W J-611, now I'm looking for an auxilary tender to go with it (in the Railfan colors). Bachmann's Spectrum version went out of production a couple of years ago, will there be a re-release in the near future? If not then I guess I'll have to buy a black one and paint it to what I want. Have searched far and wide on the internet, can find dozens of them in N scale, but none in HO :'(
Clyde

wildpaws

Thanks for posting that link, I did see that one earlier tonight. I think that one was from an earlier "Collectors Edition", I'm looking for the later Spectrum version that went out of production a year or two ago. Since I posted earlier I have found a slightly used Spectrum version that is part of a package sale, aux. tender, caboose and two B unit diesels, all from different railroads. I may buy a used one but I was wondering if Bachmann was going to do another new one since some forums mention that the aux. tender seems to go in and out of production often.
Clyde

napa15

Clyde, the tender you are seeking is often offered for sale from an Ebay seller "The Favorite Spot". That seller has the as "buy it now" for usually about $17 - $18.  They also sell unlettered versions. They sometimes go weeks, or even a month or so without having one up. The last one I saw was Feb 16th. But, I'm sure they'll post more... I hope. I want one too and am kicking myself now for not getting one the last time I saw it. Here is a link to the last one I had on my watch list:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180813845479?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

You can then click the link to the sellers store.

Hope this helps.

Chuck