News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track book

Started by darryl1936, March 20, 2012, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darryl1936

Decided to get something to read and the Bachmann E-Z Model Railroads book might be interesting BUT I found out it uses mostly other types of track with little of the E-Z..
Really the planning of layouts with E-Z is comes up short. 

Most of the pictures throughout the book, the majority is of other types of track. 

This book sure is not worth what I paid and maybe at the best, be worth half the selling price but that's about all !

Bought a lot and I mean a lot of Bachmann stuff and other than the problems with gearing, which can be fixed, this book is the only item I would highly not recommended.

The old fardt in Hawaii

hawaiiho

I used two sources for EZ Track planning.

A program named AnyRail. The free version will handle a small layout and even the full
version is not all that costly.

http://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html

Also, here is the URL for some EZ Track plans. There are some errors so check them carefully.

http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/bach_track.php

Some folks may have some other suggestions, but this will get you started.

Will

also in Hawaii

darryl1936

Aloha

Actually I have been in the hobby since the early 50's  !!  I just was interested in looking at the book as it had E-Z in four places on the front cover and I do have a pile of E-Z track, probably over $2k worth. I believe the track is rather nifty as you can change or move it around with ease.  I thought the book would have more to offer but as I said before, most of the pictures have other types of track. Kind of deceiving to me but then that's marketing.

I'm on the Big Island but hope to move back to the mainland soon.

The old fardt in Hawaii

Pops

I also was disappointed with it. I have other books to cover scenery etc.  When I ordered this book, I expected a lot more detail on using and wiring etc EZ Track.  Much too general with not enough detail for me to get anything out of it.

Love the track, hate the book.

:-\