News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ez walkaround Help

Started by Conductor pops, March 25, 2012, 02:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conductor pops

I read through all the searches for my ???. Didn't see any related .
So I bought this walkaround, control panel, and wires off ebay used. Plugged it in and it only has the use of 1-4 functions on my 2-8-0 spectrum loco. When you press stop it only stops the loco address you are on. I thought stop would stop all three locos. If this is all it can only do is there a programing upgrade that can be done.
I also read where if i wanted to install my connector panel thirty feet away from my my base controller i could use cat 5 wire from a computer store?  Does  Bachmann have such a cable?

cwmeeks

When I had my walk around companion, I bought a CAT 5 cable from Home Depot and used it.

Regards

c :D

Conductor pops

Was the cable already made to length or did you have to buy a tool and fab it yourself.

What about the functions, did your controller do the same thing?
Thanks

cwmeeks

Yes, the functions were the same. I did not (at that time) have any sound locos. I moved to a NCE power cab, so I could program and read  the CV's. Cable was ready made, seems like it was 9.00 or 10.00 for a 15 footer. if you don't have anything close by, I can let you have one. Drop me a line off forum, cwmeeks@cwmeeks.com