News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Class A 15 ton Vertical Boiler Climax.

Started by RGS Goose, March 26, 2012, 06:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGS Goose

Hi everyone,
I would love to see Bachmann do an On30, Class A, 15 ton (approx), Vertical Boiler. 2 Truck, Climax, with onboard DCC and sound.
I believe it would be possible to modify and use the 2 cylinder engine off the present Shay, and the trucks off the present Climax, as a basis for such a model, which would ease the production costs.
How do all you loggers out there feel about this idea?  If you are interested in this let Lee know. Like the Heisler, if we ask nicely (continually) he might look kindly on us.
RGS Goose.

ebtnut

I like the idea of a Class A, but prefer the more common horizontal boiler version.  I agree that the trucks and some of the drive train might be adaptable, but I think it would be better to do a new engine. 

Hamish K

If a class A Climax was made by Bachmann I would buy it, whatever boiler it had!

Hamish

RGS Goose

Hi again everyone,
I think there would be very little extra work to be done to make a T Boiler version as well, if you were tooling up to do a vertical boiler model, so let's all ask Lee to do one of each for us. I think we would nearly all want one of each, so the extra bit of tooling work could be well and truly offset by the bigger number of locos sold.
The idea of a whole new loco is a good one, but I would rather have one, or both of these, locos produced with what is already available, to keep production costs down, than not have them at all, due to higher production costs to start from scratch.
Keep talking to Lee as we did with the Heisler, he just might listen again.
RGS Goose.

S. Calloway

A class  A would be nice, but I think a larger shay is still sorely needed! So many of the shays that worked in the Appalachian regions, as well as others, were larger than what we have offered now. The fact is ,because of Mr. Riley and Bachmann,we have never had it so good! Whatever they offer us next, I am sure many of us will be glad they are in this for the long run. ;)    S.D.  Calloway