News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann n scale 0-4-0

Started by poweredbyford, August 06, 2007, 11:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poweredbyford

There is a rumor going around that Bachmann is going to release a new and improved n scale 0-4-0, I was wondering if anyone could verify this.
Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear Ford,
I haven't heard anything about this. The net round of announcements will be made in Chicago.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

brokemoto

SPECTRUM or Standard Line, I wonder. 

The improved six wheel industrial diesel was a marked improvement over any previous release of this one by any manufacturer.  You can actually operate the latest version of the B-mann Standard Line industrial diesel.

So, if it is Standard Line, and is up to the standards of the improved industrial diesel, I would not be unhappy.

Then, I wonder which one it might be.  Years back, B-personn sold a PRR A-4 (0-4-0 with tender) and a B&O C-16 (0-4-0T).  For some reason, the 0-4-0T mechanism was popular with HO narrow gauge modellers.  Which one, or will it be totally different?

Atlas sold a C-16 with a tender that was based on the result of a B&O protobash.  The railroad ordered four of the C-16s to work the streets in Baltimore and the Inner Harbour.  Baltimore had some nasty smoke abatement ordinances, so the C-16s were oil burners.  Later, the B&O discovered that it needed only two of these switchers, so it took two and converted them to coal and conventional configuration and added a tender.  The Rivarossi model that Atlas sold was based on the results of this protobash. 

The Atlas/RR model was not bad for its time and is a pretty good puller.

The small size/wheelbase of these things will cause them to stall on plastic frog switches.  Thus, it will be necessary to couple them permanently and hardwire them to a live car or caboose.  There was yet another choice with the industrial diesel:  harwire a pair of them together.  I did that with the diesels, but that is not the best option with steam locomotives.

Interesting rumour.  I would not mind seeing an 0-4-0 that was up to SPECTRUM standards or seeing the USRA 0-6-0 upgraded to SPECTRUM standards.