EZ Command - Restoring Factory Default Settings

Started by pds1506, July 27, 2007, 11:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pds1506

I bought an Atlas SDP-35 which has DCC installed.  The trains runs fine on DC but is dead on DCC.  I made sure the plug was in the correct position, so that is not the problem.  I called Atlas who suggested reprogramming it back to the original settings (change CV8 to 33).

My question is if the EZ Command has a way to reset the DCC back to the original settings?

WoundedBear

ray46

The question is, how did it get off factory settings?  With the EZ Command all you can really change is the locomotive address and the direction of travel.  My guess is there is some other issue probably with the way you are programming the address.  Read the instructions on this again.
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy."  The Eagles

Jim Banner

Quote from: ray46 on July 27, 2007, 02:14:41 PM
The question is, how did it get off factory settings?

The answer is, decoders can be accidentally programmed by electrical noise on the rails.  This occurs, for example, when rails and wheels are dirty to the point that the headlight flickers.  Remember the story about the infinite number of monkeys with the infinite number of typewriters writing all the works of Shakespeare?  Kind of the same thing.  Eventually one of those bursts of electrical noise can be interpreted as a signal to program.  At least that is my take on the problem.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pds1506

I called Atlas and they said the DCC locos are sometimes programmed based on the last two digits of the road number.  Since this one was 00, they weren't sure what would have been used.  I used the EZ Command  method of going into program mode with no loco on the track.  After the EZ command began to blink, I placed the loco on the track and assigned the number I wanted.  Fortunately, this worked and the Atlas loco ran fine.