News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

resetting digital address

Started by newguy, May 18, 2012, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy

Hi everyone, I bought a used bachmann dcc on-board gp30 diesel on ebay for my young son. When we received the unit, it had a sticker on the bottom from the previous owner with "14" printed on it. I am assuming that the owner had set the digital address to 14. I have the EZ Command Control system which only offers 10 addresses. Is there a way to reset the address without having to find someone with a different dcc controller?

Bucksco

The following is from the EZ Command Manual. We will assume you know the basics of programming an address with EZ Command (if not refer to the manual in the service section of the website http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_instructions.pdf ).

First, remove all locomotives from the layout. Next, follow the standard E-Z Command programming procedures as described in the
"Programming a Locomotive to a Specific Address" section (but without any locomotive on the track), including pushing and
holding down the number 3 button and the "Stop" button. At this point, you're ready to assign a new digital address to the
locomotive. Simply place the subject locomotive on the track and assign a new address by pressing a numbered E-Z Command
button (1 to 9). The locomotive will move slightly to signal that you have successfully assigned a new, lower address. Finally, push the
"Stop" button to exit the programming mode and begin operating your locomotive at its new digital address.

newguy

Oh, I just assumed that only worked if the address was currently set to #3. Am I wrong?

Bucksco

Read carefully - you are pressing the number 3 and the "Stop" button to go into programming mode with NO locomotives on the track. After you press the number 3 and the "Stop" button and the power light is flashing place the loco you want to address on the track and assign an address from 1 to 9.

newguy

Thank you. I am at work so I don't have any instructions in front of me. I'll try it when I get home and I'm sure that will work. Thanks again!

Jerrys HO

newguy,
It will work as Yardy posted. I recently bought a GP38-2 assigned to a 4 digit address.
After pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it would not reset, I read the E Z Command manual again and realized I left the loco on the track. Everything must be off the track before setting the programming mode. When the lights start blinking place the loco back on the track and assign it to the address you want.

Jerry

newguy

It worked! My 5 yr old is very happy! Thank you.