News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 4 4 0 DCC and DC

Started by johnkinman, May 13, 2012, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnkinman

I have just bought a Bachmann 4 4 0 and Gas Mechanical both fitted with DCC .I have only DC and the Gas Mechanical works when I crank up the power.......However the 4 4 0 doesnt.I havent connected the two brown connectors that link Tender to Loco as I dont know how to remove firebox cover to access connectors on Loco.........Are these where the Loco gets it power from please ???.and if so how do I remove firebox cover ?
Does Loco get power direct from its own wheels.........Many thanks in advance.Does the firebox cover stay removed once brown connectors are fitted ?
PS it appears firebox cover can be removed by prying with screw driver......is this the case please ?

canpac

Hi there....I have run a 4-4-0 that has DCC on board in DC mode and it works fine. You don't need to remove any firebox cover to get this locomotive to work.The solution is to insert those connetors that trail off the locomotive into the two corresponding sockets on the tender. Once done the lights will come on when you apply power and you should have good motion both forward and reverse on your 4-4-0. Enjoy your locomotives. Hope this helps. Michael .canpac

WTierce1

He is right, you have to connect the wires between the loco and tender, because the loco is wired for the decoder and the decoder is in the tender.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad