News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO scale diesel decoder installs

Started by richg, June 03, 2012, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I know some here will never look at this site so here is a link that may inspire some. I know the locos are not Bachmann products but might give some here more knowledge of what is involved with decoders in diesels.
If you join and comment on his project, he might even include Bachmann diesels in the future. Try something similar and come back to the Bachmann forums and inspire someone. Some info might be usable in different scales.
Bruce use to own Litchfield Station until he retired, a very good on line DCC company. Bruce has always favored SoundTraxx decoders and Bachmann favors SoundTraxx decoders.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2012-06-jun/dcc_impulses

Rich

Jerrys HO

Rich,

Someone would have to be crazy not to save your links. This is a great link for those interested in learning more on adding decoders.
There is a Bachmann GP30 on page 3. Am I correct Rich that it could be used on most if not all GP's?

Jerry

richg

Quote from: Jerrys HO on June 03, 2012, 12:35:49 PM
Rich,

Someone would have to be crazy not to save your links. This is a great link for those interested in learning more on adding decoders.
There is a Bachmann GP30 on page 3. Am I correct Rich that it could be used on most if not all GP's?

Jerry

Don't know as I only have the 44 ton and 70 ton.

Rich

jward

the gp30 and gp35 drives are the same. sd45s and h16-44s are similar if different sizes. the gp40, gp50, b23-7 use a completely different chassis altogether. it is not the split frame design of the gp30.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA