News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO DCC Decoder inside 4-8-4 4449.

Started by blkknt85208, May 30, 2012, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blkknt85208

Please tell me how to program the DCC Decoder inside my 4449 DCC Equipped Locomotive for a MZARS Light. Is it already on the Circuit Board?

richg

What brand of DCC controller?

Does the loco have a MARS light?

The decoders does this if it has the capability. Not the PC board.

Download and read through the EZ Command manual which is right on the Bachmann site.

Rich

blkknt85208

The Controller is a Bachmann EZ Command Control Center, 44901.
The Loco is Bachmann 50201 Southern Pacific 4449, 4-8-4 with DCC.
Being a GS4, the loco has the Dual Light System up Front, and the Top one is usually the MARS Light.
Right now, Both spots light up when I turn on the Power to the track.
I am very familiar with the actual 4449, and on the Locomotive, we do it with Motors in a figure 8 pattern, which would be impossible in the model.
I am not sure if I should use Incandescent or LED Lighting. Incandescent gets too hot, and LED is too White.

Doneldon

blackie-

There are warm white and other shades of white LEDs available now.

-- D

richg

Miniatronics has a 1.5 volt, 1.2mm, diameter light bulb that I use in a beacon on a Spectrum 44 ton. This style bulb runs quite cool and is inside a amber plastic shell which is inside a metal enclosure.

The below site has quite a large variety of LED's.

http://www.richmondcontrols.com/

Some prefer a filament light bulb. Some an LED.

Rich

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

One way to simulate the MARS light is with a flashing LED but I am not sure if a bachmann decoder is capable of that as I have not tried that myself. I guess one way to make it work is to splice a set of wires into the wires that feed power to the headlight and put a flashing LED in the upper headlight lens and put the regular light in the bottom headlight lens.