E Z Mate magnet with Brakeman

Started by hcopter51, June 02, 2012, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcopter51

Hi, anyone use this for uncoupling with the ez track system? Does it work good?? Thanks.... ;)
"KEEP THE WHEELS SPINNING"

Jerrys HO

hc

Work's fine. I use them on all my yard's and have no problems. If you move slowly enough you can see the couplers open. Move to fast and they will not work properly.

Jerry

hcopter51

Thanks to Jerry and Hunt for the info/videos.... ;D Thats all I needed to know....Appreciate the help guys..... ;)
"KEEP THE WHEELS SPINNING"

mf5117

Don't do like I did once and rebuild your layout and forget to remove the magnet from one of your pieces of EZ Track that you had on the previous layout .Then start running trains and start having uncoupling problems for no reason . Ask all sorts of questions . Remove couplers switch rolling stock around on your string . get so mad you want to pull everything up and put it away . Then you decide to look at your track and discover you left a uncoupling magnet on one of your pieces of track . Kinda made me feel pretty stupid , but I laugh about it now . Good luck and they do work well .

UnionPacific57

How do you use a Brakeman and Magnet?
I dont understand

Balrog21

Someone had a video of this/these in action?

jward

the magnet fits under the track and is used to uncouple cars. the brakeman is provided for use as a marker so you know where the hidden magnet is.

to use any magnetic uncoupler, you back the cars slowly onto the magnet, the trip pins repel each other when in the magnetic field, and open the couplers. this only works when there is slack in the couplings, thus the need to back them over tha magnet. pull forward after the couplers open, and you'll have left the other cars behind.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA