How do I remove body of GP40 diesel to oil

Started by oldmanstauder, July 08, 2012, 11:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanstauder

I would like to know how to remove the body of a GP40 diesel to oil it.  It is making a growling noise, please respond

NarrowMinded

I think you have to remove the coupler screws, it' s been a while since I removed mine, I'm assuming your talking about HO scale.

My bachmann GP40 is a little noisey also, even after break in and lube.

NM-Jeff

phillyreading

I have had a certain brand in O gauge that no matter what I did to the engine, it would not run that quiet. I lubed it several times and at each point that the axle or gears made contact and at the motor area, sometimes a certain engine just won't run quiet and that is when you make it a shelf item.

Lee F.

NarrowMinded

I disagree with shelving a noisy engine I say just run them, at  the very least if you can't stand the noise take the motor out and make it a Dummy to run with a Quiet loco.

NM-Jeff

You didn't say whether your running it Dcc or Dc  if it is Dcc run it on DC to see if it still "growls" it could just be an inexpensive factory decoder causing the growl if its quiet on DC then a decoder with "silent drive" could quiet it down, I had a loco that growled on dcc but not dc a new decoder made it run really quiet.