News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Programming DCC turnouts with Dynamis

Started by asherspapa, June 21, 2012, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asherspapa

I have searched and searched Bachmann "documentation" and the web for a clear description of how one programs Bachmann DCC turnouts using the Bachmann Dynamis system. The Dynamis manual refers to the turnout manual, but it's not there, other than some reference to another part.  I've spent lots of money the multiple DCC turnouts and right now I'm limited to reaching across my layout to flip them manually.

So...please post a clear, complete explanation along with other information about the turnouts; e.g., how many turnouts can be controlled through the Dynamis.

I was able to successfully program the turnouts with the introductory E-Z DCC Controller, but the limit there seems to be 7 (theoretically 9, but 3 doesn't seem to be usable--flips all switches--nor to 0 and 9.

Please help!  THanks.

KiteFlyer

Did you ever get an answer or a solution?  I too have the complete Dymanis configuration.  Runs trains and turntable fine, but none of my turnouts - so useless.  Stuck.  Have asked Bachmann, with no answer.  Tempted to march into their HQ in PA with my gear and demand they make it work.  But you may have the answer and save me the drive.
PLEASE REPLY.

Jerrys HO

papa,

I do not have the dynamis but a friend of mine does and he said you program the turnout's the same way you would a loco except in the accessory position. You first have to set the turnout in the programming mode which on Bachmann's turnout's there is a small hole ( it may be covered by a piece of tape) in which you insert a small screwdriver or paperclip to press the button.
I did find one video on accessory programming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfi4oZEbr7o

Hopefully this help's. Reply back if it does.

Jerry

KiteFlyer

Good tip - thanks, and that does work every time with my DCC Command Controller.  BUT no joy with the Dynamis.    I have 12 Bachmann DCC turnouts, so obviously with the DCC CC, I have some limitations with the turnouts.  I made a video for Bachmann showing an engine and one turnout connected first to the DCC CC, then the same isolated track attached to the Dynamis so they could see that the Dynamis ran the train but would not switch or program that turnout.  They said they would get back to me; that was in early June.  I have sent them three follow-up reminders, but with no answer.

Bucksco

To program a turnout with Dynamis
1. Press Mode button at the bottom of the controller so that it displays accessories
2. Press down the programming button located on the turnout (the turnout will snap back and forth to let you know it is in "programming" mode)
3. Assign an address number by using the keypad numbers on the controller and press one of the straight or divergent symbols keys on the controller
4. The turnout should snap back and forth 4 times to confirm that it has been programmed.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_DCC_Turnout_Instructions.pdf