News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder 44915 question

Started by sbeck80, August 18, 2012, 11:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbeck80

This Bachmann decoder has an 8 pin connector...if I wanted to simply replace the decoder with another that has a 9 pin o it, can I just cut the plastic back on the Bachmann one and plug it in?  Is there a 9 pin connection on the other end of that 8 pin connector?

richg

Quote from: sbeck80 on August 18, 2012, 11:20:37 AM
This Bachmann decoder has an 8 pin connector...if I wanted to simply replace the decoder with another that has a 9 pin o it, can I just cut the plastic back on the Bachmann one and plug it in?  Is there a 9 pin connection on the other end of that 8 pin connector?

Yes you can or if you can solder, solder the wires to a 8 pin plug. You will need a 8 pin to 9 pin adapter for the first method.

A example with a Tsunami decoder.

http://www.mrdccu.com/curriculum/soundtraxx/tsunami.ht

Rich

sbeck80

Great!  Isn't the current decoder that's already installed from Bachmann escentially an 8 to 9 pin adapter just with the decoder shrink wrapped and plugged in?

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

Quote from: sbeck80 on August 18, 2012, 12:15:17 PM
Great!  Isn't the current decoder that's already installed from Bachmann escentially an 8 to 9 pin adapter just with the decoder shrink wrapped and plugged in?

Not that I am aware of. It would be easy to identify it it was.  There would be a bulge under the shrink about the size of the 9 pin JST connector.
Bachmann on board non sound decoders have been low end Lenz, which means low price.

Rich