News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc lighting installion to ho engine .

Started by patjerry, August 17, 2012, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patjerry

What is a good lighting installation for an anthern blue box engine that has been converted to dcc?  and do I need a resistor??  Jerry :)

Doneldon

pj-

We need a lot more information to answer your question. Which Athearn blue box engine? What DCC decoder is installed?

Plus, this is a Bachmann board. You will probably get a better response on an Athearn board.
                                                                                                                                           -- D

RAM

Try this forum.  They have a section on dcc.  You will need to cut and paste. http://www.railroad-line.com/forum

richg

You will have a pretty good chance on the below site. I see a lot there about Athearn Blue Box products.
You need to learn to include more details.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/744.aspx

Rich

patjerry

I'M  sorry about not saying (I'm new to forums) that i'm useing a bachmann EZ Comand and 3- EZ decoders. On 2 antherns road switchers (20 yr's old) and a bachmann F3a with circut board installed.  Every thing works fine. The problem is that the blue and the white wires on the Bachmann decoders won't lite the bulbs, and the bachmann engine that came with the EZ command kit, light will not come on either.. So the question is what light bulb do yous recommand?? Jerry

richg

Quote from: patjerry on August 18, 2012, 08:22:27 PM
I'M  sorry about not saying (I'm new to forums) that i'm useing a bachmann EZ Comand and 3- EZ decoders. On 2 antherns road switchers (20 yr's old) and a bachmann F3a with circut board installed.  Every thing works fine. The problem is that the blue and the white wires on the Bachmann decoders won't lite the bulbs, and the bachmann engine that came with the EZ command kit, light will not come on either.. So the question is what light bulb do yous recommand?? Jerry

Always try to give more details in a message in any forum.
Buy a multimeter. It can be difficult to troubleshoot electrical without a meter.
When you work at the component level, you have to get your multimeter out.

Since the loco that came with the EZ Command will not light, I am suspecting the EZ Command is the issue. Did you follow the steps for programming the specific loco?

Rich