News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Addressing Issues.

Started by Archertl, September 24, 2012, 07:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archertl

I have a digitrax zypher dcs 51. Im trying to change the addresses from the factory 03 setting. I followed the derections and according to the controller the decoder is addressed to the proper number. But the locomotive is unresponsive.

richg

What are you trying to address? We need more info.

Ricch

Archertl

A specterm 4-4-0 is factory decoder. It is set to 03. I want it set to 0214.

Reinhard S

Hi.

I have the same issue being unable to change the address on my Spectrum 2-10-0 decapod and my Spectrum 4-4-0 Baldwin using an MRC Prodigy Advanced squared system.  This is due to the signal not being strong enough from the DCC system to the programming track.  Added signal strength is required by the Tsunami Sound decoders in order to change the locomotive address due to the added sound circuitry built into the decoder.  A signal booster is needed between the DCC system and the programming track in order to change the locomotive address.  I plan on purchasing the Soundtraxx Programming track booster PTB-100 within the next few weeks in order to take care of this problem, however, until then, I am stuck with address 03 on both units.

All the best.

Reinhard 

richg

In the past, a couple people here have used a 1k resistor across the rail to help with this issue.

I found this link a few days ago. It might solve this issue.

http://ikm.digitrax.com/questions/1458/Programming+Soundtraxx+Tsunami+Decoders+with+Digitrax+Zephyr+

Rich

jward

you might also try programming on the main with ops mode. sometimes that works with lenz type decoders such as atlas or bachmann.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

bapguy

Try blast mode. Another option if you plan on having several locos is a Digitrax PR3 and JMRI. JMRI is free , the PR3 is hooked up to a computer and used for several things one being programming decoders. Go to the Digitrax web site to learn about the PR3. It needs a DC power supply of around 18V to work with sound decoders. Also join the Digitrax Yahoo group.  Joe

richg

Quote from: bapguy on September 25, 2012, 10:15:33 AM
Try blast mode. Another option if you plan on having several locos is a Digitrax PR3 and JMRI. JMRI is free , the PR3 is hooked up to a computer and used for several things one being programming decoders. Go to the Digitrax web site to learn about the PR3. It needs a DC power supply of around 18V to work with sound decoders. Also join the Digitrax Yahoo group.  Joe

For those who did not click on the link I provide before, the Blast Mode is described below.

http://ikm.digitrax.com/questions/1458/Programming+Soundtraxx+Tsunami+Decoders+with+Digitrax+Zephyr

Rich

Archertl

The blast mode did not work on either my 3 truck climax or the 4-4-0. I'll try the resistor tomorrow.

Archertl

The resistor worked thanks. That was starting to become fraustraiting.