News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G scale lumberjack no sound??

Started by jpl2817, October 08, 2012, 10:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpl2817

Is this loco supposed to have sound?? There is none.
I removed the top and found an 8 pin plug connected but no speaker.

Bucksco

The Davenport loco does not include a decoder - thus no sound.  You can plug an NMRA compliant 8 pin decoder into the socket.

NarrowMinded

I plugged a tsunami tsu1000 with the galloping goose sounds, I and many others like the effect

NM-Jeff

jpl2817

so i don't need a speaker? just plug in one of these decoders and continue to use the stock controller from Bachmann?

jpl2817

sorry for the novice questions.  I used to have trains in the 80's.  No sound, now all of a sudden technology.
The bad thing is that the information on what,how to use DCC is pretty much does not exist. 
For instance the Discussion Board on DCC on the website has 4 FAQ.  None of them help.

All I know is I have a Davenport with an 8 pin dummy plug.  No speaker either.
Do I install a decoder and install a speaker to the decoder and that's it??

I have the stock Bachmann controller, but have not even had a chance to run my train.  Due to the controller is broken and they are sending a new out to me.  Stinks!!!!!

NarrowMinded

Hi, you would need a Speaker as well to connect to the decoder.

There is another issue though...

From what I can gather you are going to run it on DC, the issue is the tsunami decoders I have received all have been set to stop on DC, what this means is... after the decoder is installed it would have to be programed with a DCC controller capable of programming the decoder so it will run on DC.

I suggest you wait for your controller and enjoy running your loco without sound for a while while you read up on Dcc

Others maybe able to point you in the direction of some good DCC books

I learned to Use DCC by reading the manuals that come with the Equipment and then asking questions online when I got stuck in a specific area.

NM-JEff

jpl2817

thanks for the help!!  I will probably just use the loco without sound.  We are expecting a baby and money is budgeted. Thanks again.