News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Old-time freight cars

Started by rtrain241, October 09, 2012, 12:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtrain241

Are the Bachmann old time freight cars in N going away?
I looked at Walthers web catalog. They sell the Bachmann Old time freight set, but no individual freight cars.
The same is true on the Bachmann site. They catalog the train set and the old time locomotive, but have no listings for old time freight cars like flat cars or box cars.
I was thinking to buy an old time set for my grandson, but am having second thoughts if extra stuff won't be available.
Anyone know what's going on?

Dick Moessner

SpecialK67

There are a ton of sites to find Bachmann freight cars. I use this site a lot. It'll has a bunch of forums just for N scale. If you have a question about anything,one of these members are real quick to reply and get you pointed in the right direction. Just type in  nscale.net.  You get tons of help and support

richg

Actually, not much is going on.
Old time does not have the following it use to, especially in N scale.
Don't forget, being out of the loop for twenty years, a lot of stuff can change in almost any hobby. It is called, evolution. Time does not top and look back to see if anyone is keeping in step.

The is still some stuff out there, ebay, other private sellers. I have a couple sites but the products are not all Bachmann so I cannot post them.
Do a Google search for, n scale old time as a start. It may take time but you will find stuff.
Do a search for n scale forums. You will find other n scale forums that might be more active in old time.
I belong to at least 20 train forums so quite often I can find answers. I have modeled in HO.
Belonging to one forum can really cramp your modeling style. I see that a lot in some foums.

Rich

skipgear

The Bachmann "Old Time" cars haven't been available individually for almost 10 years now. They were last available durring the era of white cardboard boxes. They only come in train sets now and shows and Ebay is about the only place you will find them, usually cars taken from sets.

MicroTrains has some 1800's rolling stock coming out soon and will be using the Bachmann 4-4-0 for power.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

rydermike

Have you ever seen the cars Hallmark sells for ornaments? With a set of micro trains trucks , they could make a fine car for that , if you want let me know & I'll take pics for you. I bought a bunch a while back with that thought in mind.