News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

In Desparate Need of Repair Part

Started by Rod in PA, October 07, 2012, 09:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod in PA

Hi to all, including the Bach-Man.
I'm looking for a source to purchase a "connector set", Bachmann part #H84011.  It's the connector between the HO steam loco and tender of the Pennsy K4 (4-6-2) item #84011.  One of the wires that goes to the motor broke off inside of the female portion of the sealed connector.  I've called Bachmann customer service and left messages and sent emails but no one has responded to my request for assistance.
If anyone out there knows of a source for this part, I would forever be in your debt if you would share it with me.  Until then my Pennsy K4 will be out of service due to lack of parts.
Thanks to all and have a great day,
Rod in PA.

Bucksco

Call Bachmann direct at (215) 533-1600 and ask for the service manager Laura Harris.

Rod in PA

rrbob

Any luck from Bachmann?  Lifetime warranty? Maybe they  would send you another one
if  they would still have them in stock.
Bob D.

Rod in PA

Hi Bob,
After I made the initial post, I checked Bachmann's on-line parts catalog again.  It appears they recently added allot of new parts for the 4-6-2.  One of the parts was the tender PCB which included the connector set I was looking for.  Basically, I had to order the next higher assembly but it's in the mail; problem solved.  I kept the service managers phone number (thanks to the Bach-mann) just in case I need it in the future.
Rod in PA