News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-6-0 Saddle Tank Switcher

Started by rbryce1, November 05, 2012, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbryce1

:D  LOL   ;D

I like your way of thinking.  In the Navy, we had a saying "Drunk not is he, who from the floor can rise!"

Unfortunately, I must confess that what you saw was, in fact, an IBC Root Beer bottle.

To bad though, that could have explained the shaky movement of the camera in a more realistic manner!

rbryce1

I tried adjusting CV2 this evening.  When I set CV2 to any number, including 255, which is the maximum, there is no change at all in the engines performance.  It hums on speed step 1, but always begins to move on speed step 8 on flat level track with no rolling stock in tow.  Once it starts to move, the accelleration is smooth and even, all the way up to maximum, no matter what CV2 is set to.  I set CV5 to mAXIMUM (255)  and I tried CV2 at setting 1, 10, 20, 50, 150 and finally 255 with no change at all.

So I guess this is what it is.

Mr Bachmann, am I doing something incorrect, should I send the engine in for a repair look, or is this the normal operation of this engine.

Tom M.

I am not Mr. Bachmann, but I have experience with several of thes 0-6-0t locos.  What is going on wth yours is not normal.  I suggest you call the Bachmann Service Dept and make arrangements for warranty repair or replacement.  You want to call them and not send e-mail.  It has been my experience that takes them weeks upon weeks to respond to e-mail.  They ae very helpful and responsive on the phone.

Good luck,

Tom