News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez command dcc

Started by baldwinmikado, October 31, 2012, 08:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldwinmikado

ok so ive had a regular starter ez command dcc controller for a while because i have always known that i wasnt going to get a big layout. i have had my eye on a dcc sound f3 and 4-8-4. i know that with this controller you can only do the first 10 sounds. so, if i get a walk around companion, does that mean i can control more sounds

jward

probably not. the command station is the "brains" of the dcc system, and add on throttles are just that, add ons. they do not add to the functionality of the overall system, in mych the same way upgrading the mouse on your computer doesn't increase its speed. 

unfortunately, you've run into the limitations of the entry level ez command, and there really is no upgrade to access those extra sound functions other than replacing the ez command with something better.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

utdave

the question im going to ask   does it have more than  10 sound affects  some sounds from 11 up i dont use much anyways  which are very few that i own i do have 30 locos that have sound and 2 pass 11.   and you might like one thats up there  you could have a freind reprogram your F keys to lower the number  for your ez command.   i use my ez command to change direction of locos  without doing the cv chnage on my nicer system and one loop of track that doesnt connect to my main  to run my trolly cars.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The EZ Command controls eight sound functions. You will need a more advanced unit, like Dynamis, Lenz, NCE, or Digitraxx, to control up to 28 functions.
Have fun!
the Bach-man