News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Amtrak HHP-8

Started by josephw98, November 02, 2012, 09:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephw98

I recently purchased a Bachmann HHP-8 and equipped it with Bachmann DCC Decoder 44915. I am aware the HHP-8 has "operating doors". How do I operate the doors?

Joe

adari

In real life they do have operating doors. On the model, if the doors do move, they will not move using a control. You would have to push or pull them by hand if they move.

richg

I did a Google search and found the below at Amazon.com which is someones review of the loco.

I bought this train to run on my layout, and I have to say, it is great. The train can run from either track or overhead power (more on that later) and had the strength to pull 12 amfleet I cars at a scale speed of 125 MPH. It was able to stay on the track, even at full speed going around 18" radius curves. The doors are spring loaded and will open when pushed on., and the pantographs are spring loaded as well, allowing for overhead power. It came DCC ready with an NMRA 8 pin socket. There is also a switch to switch between overhead and track power, but when on overhead power, BOTH pantographs should be up, or pickup and contact may be an issue. Other than tat, it is an amazing locomotive.