News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NYC F-7

Started by dex, November 08, 2012, 07:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dex

Item # 72622 ??? New York Central F-7 with ddc and sound...what are it's paint colors..Black w/gray stripe or Gray and Gray????
I find it advertised but can't locate any pictures of it.
Supposed to be an A and B units

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

They are to be in the NYC's lightning scheme consisting of NYC dark grey with NYC light grey "lightning bolt" stripe and the NYC logo on the front. If you want an example, just go to google images and search NYC 20th Century Limited EMD F7.

wjstix

The info I've seen has had Bachmann using their N-scale F unit as a stand in to show what the HO one will look like, and that engine was in the black and gray freight paint scheme.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products/images/uploads/81261.jpg

the Bach-man

Dear All,
It is black and gray.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dex

Thanks everyone............was hoping it was the passenger gray & gray and not the freight balck & gray..oh well...........
Dex

MarkInLA

I'm near buying this loco but, though no biggie, are the number boards lighted ? I think someone said they're not. Sounds as if you're all referring to a newer production is why I ask...Thanks ,Mark

jward

just a quick quesztion: did nyc even gave grey f7s? i know they had a few passenger f3s in grey, but i am not aware of any f7s. my nyc diesels book is not handy.......
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Woody Elmore

I remember seeing grey NYC F-7s when I was a kid. I think that they may originally ordered for passenger service (with a steam boiler).

The passenger grey was more of a grey-green. Back in the day when Model Railroader ran painting schemes with instructions for mixing the colors, their NYC dark grey contained some coach green in the mix.

I remember riding by bicycle down to the 72nd street end of the Westside yards and seeing the new gp-20s in black with the cigar band herald. The jade green on freight cars and cabooses was striking until the paint faded.