News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track layout problem

Started by usher42, November 17, 2007, 12:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usher42

My track layout looks odd  i used  24  19' x 15" radius  curves  3  10" straights and 1 10" terminal track for a oval layout . what am i'm doing wrong.

fieromike

I don't understand what curved track you're using, but with the 19" radius, I think you should have 8 pieces on each end of the oval.  Picture?

Mike

[Edit] Guess who isn't a math genius... 
However, I do remember a circle having about 360°.

GlennW

The 19" curves may cover only 15 degrees of curve? So you need 2 to make 30, 4 for 60, 6 for 90, 12 for 180,24 for 360?
Another choice is to use them to ease tangents into the sharper 11" curves. 4 19" + 11" make 90 degrees.
Are you sure they are correctly put together? Check your connections.

BTW the degree mark must be a special character??

User42, what you may need to do is make 4 90 degree corners, then match them up before adding the 10" straights. Using the 10" terminal track means you can choose between the 2 curves, but be careful if you mix them up. You may need some straight track to get them to match up.

James in FL

I’m not sure I fully understand what’s wrong.
B’mann 19r curves are indeed 15°.
Therefore, 6 will make a quarter circle (90°) and 12 to make a half circle (180°).
You can put one section of 10” straight between each 6 sections, or two pieces of 10” straight between each 12 sections.
Double check that all your curves ends lie flush with each other and that no gaps are present.
Gaps will throw off proper alignment.