Reposing earlier question..

Started by MarkInLA, November 14, 2012, 09:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

Sorry, I asked this already but it  recieved no replys.  I'll ask once more:  As I managed two break to parts on my HO ten wheeler, can they be ordered ? One tender stirrup and one teensie, lowest under cab part which seems to resemble a brake-tension turn-buckle and mounts on the brake cylinder crosswise rod. Also, not sure, but it may also have been attached to the part which simulates the brake shoes (below/around  the gear box cover ). The stirrups look as if they snap in place..Or, am I looking at an entire new tender shell  in order to obtain a new stirrup?

RAM

ten wheeler is a 4-6-0..  If you have the parts that broke off, I would cement them back on with plastic cement.  Be careful with it and only apply it to the joints.

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
Contact the service department. If they have the parts they'll let you know.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

MarkInLA

Thanks..will do...But to RAM above, I tried gluing them but it's of no use as both parts are SO tiny they have too little suface area to join back on, leave alone I believe they are delrin which requires a special Zap glue (forgot full name)..Oddly enough though, IF you have larger delrin things needing gluing , common old white glue works ( like gluing say, Atlas flex track onto cork or plywood ..These ties are delrin as are many truck frames and couplers...But forget teensy things...