News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-z Track

Started by nscaler918, August 07, 2007, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nscaler918

I've bought 4 turnouts (2 left, 2 right) to make a small layouts with the E-z Track, 2 turnouts wont work when the train is going into the Y from the track by itself. Ive unscrewed the bottom and made sure everything was fine and it was i even filed the middle piece(i dont know the name, Im new to the game frog maybe?).  but the engines keep coming off because the back wheels always go straight if im trying to turn or vice-versa. if i push a car along it works fine.  So I dont know
                         ANY SUGGESTIONS???? ??? ??? ??? ???

nscaler711

it could be your points that need to be sanded down a little bit.
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

taz-of-boyds

I suspect EZ Track turnouts should not have this problem:  But check the gauging of the wheels??  If the gauge of the wheels (the distance between the flanges) is too narrow, as you approach the points, it can get inside the open point of the turnout, and go the wrong way.  There is an NMRA standards gauge you can get to check this and other measurements.

The points are the rails that move, from your description it sounds like the problem is when you approach the points, and then go one way or the other.

You can move the loco gently through the points by hand.  Then carefully hold the flanges on one side against the rail and closed point and see if the wheel flanges by the open point reliability clear the open point

Though nscaller711 is probably right.  I believe nscaller711 is referring to the closed point not fitting smoothly against the fixed rail.  If it sticks out some, the flange of the wheel can sneak in there get between the point and fixed rail and then go the wrong way, sanding or filing the point some could smooth this out so it works properly.

Puzzled,
Charles