Missing part..and wanting more money..

Started by newshutr, December 03, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newshutr

I purchased, this past Saturday, the Bachmann HO scale Rail Boss Steam 0-6-0 set. When I got it home and opened it up I discovered 11 pieces of 18"radius curved track. It was missing the 12th and most important piece of track. The terminal track that the controller plugs into. I consoled my crying kids telling them I would get it made right.

I contacted your parts department and asked that the part be supplied to me ASAP by being shipped FedEx. I was told by the parts department that if I wanted it shipped FedEx, I would have to pay the shipping and handling. And If I didn't want to pay, I'd need to wait for snail mail. I cannot believe that Bachmann would operate their company like this. Why would you make someone pay more for something they've ALREADY paid for and didn't get the complete set.

I've spent a tad under $100 for the set itself which I assumed was a complete and whole set. I have already shipped AND handled the set from the store to my home. The onus is on the Bachmann company to make sure their company name is associated with quality and the best customer service out there. Asking me to pay more for something that should have been made whole on point of purchase is ridiculous.

I do find the train set very appealing and my kids cannot wait to be able to use it and see it under our Christmas tree.

newshutr

I should add, I sent a picture of my receipt to the parts department when I conversed with them via e-mail. The have all my pertinent information.

Bucksco

Bachmann will make good on the missing piece of track. The service department will be in contact with you.