Bachmann HO Santa Special Train Stop/Starting

Started by dave1516gill, December 08, 2012, 06:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave1516gill

Hi,

I hope there is someone who can help me with this query. I'm from the UK and have recently purchased a Bachmann Santa Special train set 00707. The train has been running ok for the past 4 days but has now started to stop/start on the straights of the set, which there are only two. The train runs smooth on the curve tracks. The wheels on the train are metal but on the trucks are made of plastic. If I clean the track where the train stop/starts the train runs ok for the first 20 minutes, but then starts to act up.

What can I do as this train is for christmas and rubs around the christmas tree? I've read that it's the plastic wheels which are causing the problem. Is it an idea to order metal wheels and replace them?

I really hope someone can give me some good advice.

Many Thanks,
David

the Bach-man

Dear David,
I believe metal wheels would be an excellent addition. Also, a little conductive lube on the rails will help operation.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jward

before you go out and buy anything, try cleaning the track where the locomotive is having problems. use one of the track cleaning blocks, not steel wool or sandpaper as those will damage your locomotive.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

dave1516gill

Thank you both for your comments. I will try this and hope it works.
Thanks,
David