News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Product number 44592

Started by VidGuy069, December 09, 2012, 06:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VidGuy069

I 'recently' purchased to adore mentioned assortment pack. overall a good investment.  HOWEVER, there is always a however, the smaller pieces (.5 and .75) are not usable.  the prongs that connect the roadbed are longer than the piece of track.  the gap left between pieces is just right for derailments.  It seems to me that the only way to use these smaller pieces is to break off all or part of the prong on all connected pieces and let the joiners do the work of holding the pieces.
Now I could be completely wrong on this.  Anyone able to use the .5 and .75 WITHOUT ant modifications?

Odd marketing.  One needs to break something in order to use it.  Or did I get a weird batch.

Sincerely,
VidGuy069
Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

VidGuy069

Hunt;
First of all, my apologies for getting the pieces wrong.  There is no .5.  I believe there was a small misunderstanding.  I was hoping to be able to connect  a .75 to something else without modifying ANY of the involved pieces.  Apparently that is not case.

I still stand by my previous statement about odd marketing.

VidGuy069
Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

rbryce1

I have had the same problem with the 3/4" track segment.  I did have to break off the clip of the track section I was using it with, as the clip is longer than the socket is in the 3/4" piece as you have noticed.  In my case, I glued the two together to make a permanent section of the two pieces.

It is that way, and it does seem to be a really dumb design.