News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

caboose for your EM-1

Started by GN.2-6-8-0, December 13, 2012, 08:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

Spring Mill's Depot has released A brand new model of a B&O I-12 Wagon Top caboose in four paint schemes ranging from 1941 to the Chessie era.
These are beautifully done and will go fast.....pictures to follow tomorrow....
Rocky Lives

jonathan

Got mine!  Looks great with the EM-1 and with all the other Spectrum locos I've modified for the B&O.  The detail, fit and finish of these cabeese surpass brass and craftsman kits.

Great couple of years for Beano fans.

Been running my EM-1s routinely since the first release.  Still run great and sound nice.  What a treat!

Regards,

Jonathan

GN.2-6-8-0

And here they Are! beautys all....

Rocky Lives

electrical whiz kid

Hey, Jonathan;
Any out for the New Haven?  I am n ot sure about bay window wagontops, but I think they had at least one of everything else.
Rich C.

jonathan

Funaro and Camerlengo sells a kit with a NE style caboose with New Haven Decals. Kit 508...  That's a pretty pricey option.  However, their kits do look good when completed. Lots of nice details you wouldn't find on a RTR model.  They take a couple weeks to build, working an hour, or two, a day.

The other option is to get a NE style Caboose.  Bachmann sells one.  New Haven used 'em.  Then try Microscale, or something siimilar, for the decals you need.  Adding a few super details should be pretty straightforward with these.

Regards,

Jonathan

J3a-614

In addition to the F&C option, Atlas has or used to have a steel NH caboose available (it was also available lettered for W&LE and NKP, which also had them). 

The NH also had 10 early steel cabs that were almost duplicates of a Pennsy car Bowser sells.  To be really accurate you would want to modify the car some with new end rails and the removal of the PRR collision posts, and change the trucks out for a short-wheelbase express (passenger) car type.  There was an article on just this conversion in Railroad Model Craftsman a few years back.

Jonathan:  If you haven't seen it yet, pick up a current copy of Classic Trains, which has a story with lots of neat photos of the EM-1s in one of their later operational locations on the rural Lake Branch in Ohio.

ebtnut

Still waiting on my Spring Mills car.  Not sure what the hold-up is.

jonathan

ebtnut,

The hold up is:

SMD is just two guys, who took many, many orders.  They performed a quality check on all the cabeese that were delivered. Nice and professional, but it does slow things down a bit.

Also, they are sending the cars out in the order in which they were reserved.  Plus, they have day jobs, so all this is being done in their spare time.  A little slow, but the wait is worth it.

Regards,

Jonathan

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Using our site to post announcements from other manufacturers is a No-n0. However, since this is a small manufacturer and these cabeese are not something we're likely to do, I've shown a little forbearance and allowed the thread to stand.
Let's not make this a habit, however...
Thanks, and
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

GN.2-6-8-0

Had mentioned this caboose and SMD simply because Bachmann having brought out their beautifully built EM-1 and there being few prototype B&O cabooses available except in brass thought your customers would be  exstatic to have something other than a mislabeled Athearn caboose trailing along behind.......like mine had to suffer. ;D
Rocky Lives