News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

signal technology

Started by raptor106, December 20, 2012, 02:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor106

hi
ok i went to trainshow earlyer this year and there this signal layout where one engine was on siding and signal was red and it was waiting for other engine to pass. so once the other engine pass and signal on siding turn green the that engien went on main line. and stop then back out on main line to other end where it stop at red liek to wait for other engien ot take siding. and once that engine same back and taking siding the mainline engine went on. and it did that back and forth and it was demo. now all if this was control by laptop witch i found really neat. but since technology come so far can you set a layout with signal that stop one train and wait for other train to go by. even if it at  max speed train not move until it get go ahead.

phillyreading

There has to be some sort of relays and sensers on or under the layout, that control the signal light and the track switching, that get hooked up some way to the computor. Some version of DCC must be used as well.
But I bet it will turn out to be expensive or complicated wiring involved.

Lee F.

Nathan

DCC Specialties, Digitrax, Logic Rail, NCE, RR-CirKits, among others have items for doing signaling and control.

Software from JMRI, Kamm, Railroad & Co. all allow some form of train control.

Check out each website and look at your layout and decide if it is what you are looking for.

Like any part of model railroading, it is where and how much you wish to spend on your hobby.

Nathan