Holy cow-Bachmann needs to make more 4-8-2 Southern Steam

Started by digitalgriffin, December 15, 2012, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalgriffin

Doneldon

griff-

It's easy to change road name and even easier if you start with an unlettered model.

-- D

Pacific Northern

I bought one of these when they were available, this is the light mountain version. It certainly is a striking looking engine. I have yet to find a set of passenger cars for it though.

Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Doneldon on December 15, 2012, 07:50:08 PM
griff-

It's easy to change road name and even easier if you start with an unlettered model.

-- D

There would be a lot more than a name change, notice the paint job?
Pacific Northern

Doneldon

PacNo-

You're right. I hadn't thought of the SRR green scheme.
But I think the OP was looking for other than SRR so any
black steamer would probably work.

-- D

ryeguyisme

$610? some people wanted it BADLY

at $300 I would've had one custom painted instead

Pacific Northern

I will have to try my luck and list two Bachmann Light Mountain engines and see if I can find a similar bidder
Pacific Northern

digitalgriffin

I toyed around with the idea of doing a C&O Piedmont stub down in Richmond VA myself where the triple crossing is.  That way I could put in token Seaboard and Southern RR's.  That Southern would have looked real nice.  That is a beautiful engine. 

Any way I found that gem while looking for another J2 Heavy 4-8-2 C&O.  Darn near impossible to find one under $175 these days on ebay. 

napa15

It's pretty coincidental you posted this topic...

I am awaiting my SR #1401 to come in the mail as I type this. It is an old AHM/Rivarossi model, from around 1984 I believe. No experience at all with these models, but an acquaintance had it sitting around and wanted to sell it. And I'm a SRR modeler.. so I HAD to have it. Personally, the #4501 is my lady of choice.. sadly I don't own any models of her yet.

Speaking of #610... I bought a Bachmann 2-8-0 (wanted an un-decorated, but couldn't find one in my price range) and re-lettered and re-numbered it, and slightly painted it for the SR #630 at the Tennessee Valley RR Museum in Chatanooga, TN.

It needs some weathering and more detail parts to make it more authentic... in due time.

ORIGINAL

WORK IN PROGRESS

CURRENT STATE

CURRENT STATE