How about a frequently asked question section about EZ Streets?

Started by phillyreading, December 19, 2012, 12:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyreading

Not everybody knows a lot about the newly aquired EZ Streets and how to use it. What about; what size vehicles will fit on EZ Streets?
How do you provide power to the track sections?
Does it mate with other track systems or not?
Are there switch sections coming in the future?
How does it mount to a sheet of plywood if it can? for a more permanant layout.
Will it mate to K-Line's Super Streets?

I am not trying to be negative but if you bought a new car you would want an owner's manual with it, correct? So why not something for EZ Streets?

Lee F.

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:

Lee,
I may be able to answer some of your questions about EZ Streets
"what size vehicles will fit on EZ Streets" - the MTH and similar cars by ETS VW Bugs, and VW pickup trucks, Lionel and MTH trolleys, Lionel, MTH, and KLine handcars, KLine Plymouth diesels and Porter steam locos, Industrial Rail (Now Atlas O) trolleys (D26 curves only), ETS trolleys, (possibly) MTH 0-4-0 dockside locos, Lionel postwar "Romulan" and Vulcan" 0-4-0 diesel switchers - Larger steam and diesel locos will not work on the EZ Streets

"How do you provide power to the track sections" - removal of knock-out tabs reveal the connectors for the wire harness to connect to

"How does it mount to a sheet of plywood for a more permanent layout" - Removal of decorative man hole covers reveal holes for screws, replacement of man hole covers neatly conceal the screw heads.

"Does it mate with other track systems or not" - a ramped adapter track (if available) will allow for mating with Lionel tubular tracks or Lionel FasTracks, depending on which version of adapter you buy.

Hope this helps
Sincerely: JP
Sincerely: JP

phillyreading

Thanks JP,

I was hoping that Bachmann would entertain this as a FAQ item for others to be more fully aquainted with the EZ Street system.
Had to go to OGR forum to learn a few details about the new track system that I didn't know about, I have the old K-Line Super Streets track. Basically I wanted to know if I could just add the EZ Streets to what I had, so far from what I am reading about EZ Streets the color of track is the main differance.

One thing that I found out from you is that the new EZ Streets is very similar to Super Streets and the manhole cover was carried over from the older system.

Lee F.