News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Controller

Started by mdaley2118, January 02, 2013, 11:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdaley2118

Have been running Bachmann DCC with a steam locomotive.   Just got a DCC Deisel engine for Xmas.   Says totally compatible but hardly moves and won't move when hooked up to other cars....just buzzes.   Controller guide says to input new train address.  Don't know how to find address of Deisel engine???   What do I do??

GN.2-6-8-0

First thing try 03 should run on that.
Rocky Lives

mdaley2118

My controller is on 03 for the steam engine, that's why I thought it would run the Deisel.   Do you think there might be something wrong with the Deisel engine?

mdaley2118

It was on 03 for the Steam engine so thought it would run as set.   Do you think there is a problem with the Deisel engine?

GN.2-6-8-0

Assuming steamer is not on the layout' your next step would be a reset of the decoder.check your engine manual for factory reset instructions.
Rocky Lives

Jerrys HO

check and make sure it did not sat DCC ready instead of DCC onboard. Usually a analog engine will buzz. On the bottom of the fuel tank it should have DCC stamped on it. I would still remove the shell to make sure the Board is decoder equipped.
Don't run it on DCC until you make sure.

Jerry

mdaley2118

First of all Thanks for your responses.   Secondly, it is a DCC On Board and states to be used with Dynamis EZ Controller which I have.   So back to square one!  Don't know what is meant by resetting Decoder?

bapguy

Read the manual on how to program CV's. Usually programming 8 to CV8 resets the decoder. How ever if the loco buzzes, sound like you may have a bind in the drive train. with the shell off,turn the flywheel by hand. It should turn easily. As you turn the flywheel, look at the wheels on the trucks, they should turn. If the flywheel doesn't turn easily, there's a bind some where. If that's the case get a hold of the service dept. about getting it fixed. It should be under warranty.  Joe.