News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dead EZ DCC

Started by LVRR, January 11, 2013, 09:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVRR

I think I goofed up. My unit was plugged into the outlet and as I was plugging in the track connector I accidentally touched the track plug to the I/O port. There was a little electrical arc and the unit went dead. 

Is there a fix for this or do I have to spend next weeks grocery budget on a new DCC system? Thanks much.

Steve

Bucksco

Your product is covered by a lifetime limited warranty. Contact our service department and they will be happy to help out:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service_2010.php

ripvanwnkl

Don't feel lonely, Steve.  I did the same thing a few years ago, sent the fried one in, and Bachmann replaced it under warranty.  When I received the replacement EZ Command, I promptly taped over the I/O port to prevent a recurrence. 
Dave
USAF (Retired)

LVRR

Thanks for the responses folks. Please verify the lifetime warranty, the only place I can find warranty info is on the users manual on line and that states one year. So, I sure hope there is a lifetime warranty.. Thanks again.

Steve

Bucksco

It is a Limited lifetime warranty. This means you are covered for free repair or replacement for 1 year. After the first year there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement for the life of the product.