News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO scale bridges

Started by dazedsteve, February 13, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazedsteve

I am currently planning my first HO scale layout which will include 2 small bridges (max 6 inches)  over a winding creek.  This layout will be built using Bachman ez track.  I have been searching bridges online and am now a bit confused as to which bridges are suitable for ez track.  It would appear that some bridge already have the track built into them? I assumed that i would be able to purchase some sort of generic bridge and lay the ez track over the top?  Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jerrys HO

Steve
The Atlas bridges mostly have code 100 track supplied with them. I don't know about others but I am sure the better quality one's do.
I use EZ Track also and if you measure it out just right you can cut the locking tabs off the EZ track and bring the bridge to the height of the rails and shim the bridge and if you use abutments with a little sculpting plaster and ground foam it looks like the real thing.
Check my post "show us your layout" and jonathan and I believe I have some pisc posted on bridges. If not let me know I will post some for you.

Jerry

dazedsteve

Jerry thanks for the post - some very useful pictures and can i add that i was totally blown away with some of the layouts. I am currently in the process of rethinking my layout (even bigger).

Doneldon

steve-

You can also run your EZTrack right over a bridge deck. That's what the twelve-inches-to-the-foot railroads commonly did. Sometimes
they used an open framework to which the rails were spiked; often they laid ties, rails and ballast on a solid deck to the appearance was
just about identical to ballasted track on the ground.

-- D