News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

shay dcc

Started by tito g, January 17, 2013, 10:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tito g

just bought shay no 81908 i am new to dcc ?how do i get to assemblywith dcc socket, any help would be appr.

richg

Check this guy's site out. He will no doubt jump in here as he does occasionally. Store his site in Favorites. You will need it.

http://gearedsteam.blogspot.com/2012/06/repairing-bachmann-shay-line-shaft.html

Rich

WoundedBear

You will find the DCC connections in the water tender of the three truck Shay. You need to start by removing the third truck, then detach the drawbar from the main chassis. Be careful when disconnecting the electrical plugs as well.

Once you have the water tender separated, remove the rear ladder and any other small details that may get in your way. Underneath you will find a couple screws that hold the top of the water tender to the frame. Undo these, then tilt the opposite end away from the frame and release the clips holding the other end.

You will now see the PC board and decoder socket. Remove the jumper and install your decoder. Reassemble in reverse order, being careful to get the driveline engaged properly.

Check through the exploded diagrams on this site to help you as well.

I have done at least 8 decoder installs in Shays and have done 3 driveline upgrades with the NWSL gears.....they aren't that complicated of a model. Just take your time.

Sid