News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

replacment decoder

Started by union pacific 844, January 29, 2013, 02:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

i  have a bachmann dcc gp40 and the decoder just died so it run on dc for now  i would like to get a new dcc decoder for it one better then the stock decoder  i might add sound later on  not sure

Doneldon

844-

You can use most any decoder with enough controls for lights in your loco. Check the manufacturers' web sites to see which ones fit your needs (check current draw, etc., in the manual for the decoder which pooped out) and then check on line and at eBay for the best price. Be sure to note model numbers when you are on the web sites so you're sure you're looking at the right item.

-- D

jward

nce has a decoder designed for direct replacement of th bachmann one. look for the nce bach-dsl. cost is about $20.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

union pacific 844

what wire in sound decoder will fit ?

jward

there is no place for a speaker in the gp40. before you attempt major surgery to the chassis to allow room for a speaker i strongly urge you to install a few non sound decoders first. adding sound to a bachmann gp40 is not a project for the beginner.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

union pacific 844

i think i just want a wire in dcc decoder that will fit

bapguy

What you probably need is an NCE decoder # BACH-DSL. This is a replcement for the ones that come in the DCC on board locos.  Joe