Bachman - No HO Scale Doodlebug diagram in Product Information section?

Started by Rashputin, January 28, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rashputin

A friend gave me an HO Doodlebug with a detail or two missing but otherwise in good shape but I can't find a diagram for it in the Product Information section.  There is one for the N scale Doodlebug, but no HO scale unless I missed it and it's in the wrong category or something.  Is there a diagram and parts list for this item on line somewhere as all I got was the Doodlebug itself with no box or diagram.

Thanks

richg

No idea if this will be any help. At least a diagram. Looks like a DCC reedy version. Both pages are there. Look in thee diesel section. Scroll to the bottom. I see the DC adapter in place.
Be advised, DCC manufacturers assume you have some DCC knowledge. The socket on the PC board is the NMRA 8 wire type.

http://www.hoseeker.net/bachmann.html

Just in case, look at the below link for a possible issue with yours.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~mrwithdcc/doodleb.html

Store all links in Favorites for future use.

Rich

richg

You might need this info to remove the shell.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,1714021

I posted a link here some time ago but the site went away. The user stuck toothpicks between the shell and frame to help remove the shell.

Rich

bossman37

Quote from: Rashputin on January 28, 2013, 03:23:01 PM
A friend gave me an HO Doodlebug with a detail or two missing but otherwise in good shape but I can't find a diagram for it in the Product Information section.  There is one for the N scale Doodlebug, but no HO scale unless I missed it and it's in the wrong category or something.  Is there a diagram and parts list for this item on line somewhere as all I got was the Doodlebug itself with no box or diagram.

Thanks
I need to know witch socet on the plug is #3 as the drawingis different than the board

Rashputin

Thanks for the info on the Doodlebug diagram folks.

I'm sorry for the tardy reply but we had some unexpected problems arise here at the madhouse. The inmates get upset easily and since the clasps on all the straight jackets had rusted it took me longer than usual to get everyone out of the way so I could fix the problem.

Regards

richg

Quote from: bossman37 on February 01, 2013, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: Rashputin on January 28, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

Thanks
I need to know which socket on the plug is #3 as the drawings different than the board

That is easy to figure out. Get your multimeter out and use the ohms function to trace the leads.
Loosen up the PC board and do a visual. SOP.

Rich