News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mr Bachmann

Started by Geared Steam, January 26, 2013, 12:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geared Steam

Any plans to make parts available for the "sound value" Alco 2-6-0 ?

Doneldon

GS-

I'm not certain what you mean. This site has exploded views with part numbers for both Sound Value Moguls as well as some parts for the "old" 2-6-0. I don't know how many of the older model's parts are used on the newer Sound Value line, but I would expect that at least some are the same. I would also bet that you could search parts for a specific part number and see if it comes up. It strains credulity to believe that, of the many, many parts being offered for different locomotives, none would be the same as what the SV 2-6-0 needs. That would certainly be true for hardware items though it would probably be less true for model-specific items like a cab or side rod. Beyond that, call Mr. B's service department. They can be very helpful and are probably just about caught up after the Christmas madhouse.

-- D

Geared Steam

D
I don't need the parts breakdown, I need the parts available to purchase, online, here,
http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_68&zenid=ghrk2ptj65kukahfma5cebr6f6

But I see what your saying, common parts across models. May be worth a look.

My buddy needs parts, his took a dive off the layout. I told him even it the parts were listed online it would most likely be cheaper to buy a new one. I haven't seen it yet or inspected the damage.

electrical whiz kid

What parts are you looking for specifically?  Are you looking for mechanical parts or detailing parts?  If the latter, I would suggest sites like Bowser or Greenway, both on the computer.  Mechanical parts are going to be a toughie, mainly because like Doneldon inferred, they arte going to be a tall order at this point
Rich C.

Geared Steam

Bumping for an answer from Mr.Bachmann

the Bach-man

Dear GS,
Give the service department a call with specific needs. They may be able to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man