News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DDA40X SOUND

Started by ALCO1000, February 17, 2013, 10:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO1000

Hello,
Wondering if the bowing fuel tank issue on the Ho dd40ax has a fix,I have valve sound  the tank bows down in the middle creating a rub/bottom out problem in some parts of my layout,tried to adjust it by tightening the tank screws did not work because it bows down between them,nothing else does this even my older spectrum dd40ax,I contacted Laura and left a few messages with no response after a month,got through to whom i believe was a tech and was told they do not have the tank yet.Everywhere I look there for sale flooding the market,why is there no parts,by the way very disappointing on the no call back.They did warranty the shell for a defect in the mold at the fans before this .If i file out the bow in the tank to make it straight it will remove the Bachmann emblem and devalue the item from original.Where can i get help.The item is brand new and I really like it ,but this issue is not getting resolved or even aggnoliged by the customer service manager
.Thanks in Advance
jACK

bapguy

Is the speaker for this unit mounted in the fuel tank? If so the speaker could be causing the problem. I bought a GP7 and added sound to it. I had to modify the inside of the fuel tank and space in the frame to get a speaker to fit inside far enough to let the fuel tank cover fit right. The problem I had was the tank would drag on one end. The tank cover had 2 screws on one end onyl.The speaker problem caused the tank cover to br lower on one side. I son't know if this could be your problem  Joe

WoundedBear

I wouldn't worry about filing off the Bachmann emblem and devaluing it. You did that already, the instant you opened the box.

If a light filing will fix the problem, then do it. The 0-6-0 steamer model has a similar problem with the gearbox being too low. Most everyone simply takes a file to it.

This is model railroading....everything needs and "adjustment" now and again. ;)

Sid

ALCO1000

Thanks for the heads up on the fix and your exactly right this is model railroading and we tweek and adjust what ever it takes to get it right ,i just got the dd40ax and the new s4 with sound,both are getting detailed weathered ,but HAY Bachmann great start your giving us with these 2,first 2 sound equipped diesels along with the new Dynamis replacing the old command 2000 still works fine ,never adjust cvs or nothing like that but awesome products having a lot of fun with these.Thanks for the quick response and getting my head on straight about the facts of model railroading was getting a little frustrated ,but all is well now.
BEST REGARDS!

utdave

What i found with this sound loco    since the speaker is on the bottom it picks up any metal object   like rail nails that went missing installing my track  so those are now cleaned up  thats was my biggist promblem.   ok since you posted this loco  do you like how the sounds work with it .      i sure do, i like starting it up   when i run that era of locos thats the frist one i start  then the FA's.   really makes a layout come to life .  now i just need more sounds on other types of locos. besides my steam ones.   for me the details are just fine for the price of it.   
Dave

ALCO1000

OH YA!
You cannot beat that deal,Good sound,paint smooth running,turns well,even has the l.e.d lighting and all the control options for it in the programing,Inspiring to keep the hobby around for a long time too