News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc turnouts

Started by raz, February 23, 2013, 05:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raz

i got my train set wed. night,set it up fri. morning every thing went smooth,i even reprogrammed one of the locos.i bought some extra straight track,i knew it would be to small,but its still a circle and a parking spot.i'm ready for more but the turnouts confuse me some. looking at the online catalog (bachman)they all say manual or dcc oper.the one i got w/set is manual easy,is there a conversion for this one? also big price difference,some are 4 for67.00 others i think are 1 for 68.00 and another for 82.00. also questions about decoders,do they all have them in even though they say manual? and do these turnouts work w/the function buttons or do you need a separate switch also do the crossovers work like turnouts electrically.

Jerrys HO

raz

The turnout with your set is manual and that's it. You can not add a decoder to it.
The turnouts are all listed as manually operated because of the flip switch on the side. The one's I prefer are the ones that come with the control boxes(little black box for switching directions). The ones that say DCC on board are decoder equipped and do not come with the switch controller. They are all DCC friendly and can be used with any DC or DCC layout except for the #6 crossover which is DCC only.

Jerry

Jerrys HO

raz
If at all possible try to stick with numbered turnouts you will have less troubles with trains derailing.
The turnout shown below is the one I am talking about with the control box. You will need to use a separate power supply to power them preferably.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=170

The one listed below is decoder equipped and can be operated thru any NMRA compliant DCC system to operate with the function commands.( Yes the EZ Command will do this)
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1964

Try the favoritespot.com for great prices on these and other Bachmann products.

Jerry

Balrog21

I would agree on all things said by Jerry here, Raz. Numbered turnouts are best. Yep, TheFavoritespot on ebay IS the best place and cheapest place to shop around for the Bachmann track. He even puts said turnouts up for auctions and if you're luck you can get them a few bucks under what he sells them for. Good luck!
Bal