News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couplers

Started by union pacific 844, February 12, 2013, 11:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Quote from: Yardmaster on February 12, 2013, 07:44:53 PM
Remember folks this is the BACHMANN forum.......

I fully understand that this is a Bachmann sponsored forum, but if your standards are getting so strict that the Kadee name cannot be mentioned in a coupler discussion, then I believe you need to rethink your policies. Kadee is a "standard" amongst a lot of railroaders, and make a product that can improve a Bachmann product.....I thought that counted as fair in your forum rules?

So for future reference, could you tell us exactly what it is about this thread that causes Bachmann any concern? I think the discussion was held in an intelligent manner, and no manufacturer was really promoted over another. Your EZ-Mates were given the nod of approval by a few folks. The biggest concern over EZ-Mates is the fact they are plastic.....this is where the Kadee can shine. If you are comparing plastic to plastic, then the EZ-Mates have no need of being changed.

One poster asked about the possibility of EZ-Mates being made from metal. Did you even see that request? I don't think so, because it didn't even rate the usual "Ill pass along the request" comment from any of the admins. You're so focused on censorship, that a perfectly good business suggestion slips by you completely.

I think your company needs to accept criticism a little better, and not feel so threatened when another manufacturer gets mentioned. We are all Bachmann fans here, and show it with our wallets. I would think it better to discuss Bachmann concerns here, where Bachmann can respond, rather than have every other model train board full of complaints and beefs. If our opinions don't count, then the Bach-man needs to get on here more often and answer more of the questions that folks have. If you leave it up to the membership to respond to all the queries, this is what happens......differing opinions.

Yardmaster.......might I ask you why you didn't reply to this young man's question earlier in the day? You could have cleared this up at the first post by telling him to use nothing but EZ-Mates, then lock the thread.

Respectfully,

Sid

Bucksco

We prefer discussions of Bachmann products that do not encourage the reader to dispose of our products. Sorry if this does not meet everyone's approval but sometimes it is necessary to keep discussions on track. Locking the thread.